Our smartphones have truly changed our lives. Does anyone even remember when phones were just for calling people? I think my dad is the only person around who still feels that way! We rely on them for so much more than that now. I’ve decided to share with you some of my absolute favorite apps. I am certain I’m not the only one who lives with my phone in my hand. Maybe you know of and use all of these already. Or maybe you’ll find some new ones to try!
This post may contain affiliate links. I never promote anything I don’t stand behind. To read my disclosure policy, click here.
- Fox News App – I tend to stick with Fox for my news. They just seem to be the most balanced of the big networks, in my opinion of course. I can turn the alerts on or off and stream live video from it. It’s simple and to the point, which is one of the reasons I like this one over some other apps.
- Flipboard – When I finally moved over to Android from Apple, this came pre-installed on my first phone. I wasn’t too sure about it until I looked into it a bit more. I love that you can add topics and really personalize it around what you want to see.
- ESPN Scorecenter – Since I AM a lover of sports, and I’m not local to my favorite teams, this app comes in handy! I can check in on schedules, scores, news, etc. I can even “watch” GameCast play by play on some games.
- The Weather Channel – While this one is not necessarily on of my favorites, I do need my weather app! I actually have the widget on my home screen. I check this app multiple times a day, not only for local weather but other places too.
- Evernote – I’m surprised I haven’t had this longer. I just found out about it a few months ago. This little app is a lifesaver! It’s great for jotting down ideas, making lists, and so much more. I love that I can sync it with my laptop too!
- Whitepages – For some reason, I have been getting a lot of SPAM calls lately. I have pretty much given up answering any number I don’t recognize, and this app helps me determine if it’s a valid call or not.
- Dictionary.com – My favorite little thing about this app is the word of the day notification I get each morning. There is an option to listen to the words if you are unfamiliar with the pronunciation. I also use it to look up alternate words from time to time.
- IMDb – I am a sucker for seeing someone on TV or in a movie and trying to remember where I’ve seen them before. This app is great for that, but also for looking up other film/television things.
- iPeriod – Let’s face it, I’m not always on the ball with remembering that special time. This app helps me track it, and can even set up notifications to let you know when it’s a few days out. No one likes to find it out the hard way, am I right ladies?
- ibotta – This app is awesome. If you aren’t using yet, click and sign up. It’s super easy and payments go right into Paypal. I’ve had it for a few years, but only recently started using it more and more. You browse available rebates, click to add them to your list, buy the item, scan the barcode and receipt and the money is yours! It’s awesome to get cash back on things I’m already buying, and I love this app for that reason.
- Walmart – Living in a small rural town, this is the only “grocery” store we have unless we drive to the next town. So it’s primarily where we do most of our shopping. The Savings Catcher part of this app has been great. All you do is scan your receipt, then wait. It searches nearby “competitors” and will refund you the difference if it finds a lower price. You can then load it onto an e-gift card, and you’re all set!
- Swagbucks – I can’t preach enough about SB! I have 3 different SB apps on my phone, and I love that I can earn just by letting the videos play on the watch app. I can take surveys on the go, even online shopping to earn cash back. All by just going through the app. I’ve posted about Swagbucks before, and I really did pay for the holidays this year by using it!
- Retail Me Not – I use this one pretty often when I’m searching coupons. I love that I can use it in-store, and online. They usually have something for almost anything you’re looking for! I’ve managed to save some good money using the coupons from here. I am all for a good deal whenever I can get one!
Of course, I need photo apps for all the social media sharing out there, right? And there are a TON, but I’ve narrowed it down to a few of my faves, only wishing Canva would hurry up with their Android version!
- Prisma – I simply love this app. It makes your photos turn into paintings. There are so many filters and you can dial them back as much as you want. You will end up with absolutely gorgeous photos.
- Aviary – This is one of my favorites for straight up editing. It’s simple to use, has great filters, and produces some great pictures. I’ve been using it for quite a while, and I still seem to end up going back to it, even after I’ve tried others.
- WordSwag – This is one of the few apps I’ve paid for. I tend to stick to the freebies. However, I do like this one for its layouts, fonts, and cool features. Not only can you make your fancy quotes and such, it will show you the “Twitter preview” area in the square template you’re probably using for Instagram!
There are many more apps than that out there. Certainly, I have more on my phone as well. I left out the basics, (all the social media ones, etc). These are some of my favorites that I use more often than any others, except those darn social media ones!
What apps are you loving right now? I’d love to hear about them in the comments?