There are a lot of things floating around on different ways to pick up some extra money on the side. Some even show how to take that side hustle and turn it into a full-time income. While I’m sure that’s a dream for a lot of folks, is it always possible? I’m sure it is, but I’m not here to post about that. I just want to point out some more ways to make some extra money on the side! I’ve written before about a handful of “side hustles” out there. I have done several, and I have made extra money on the side for sure. I decided to expand that list a bit and share more tips that can help put some extra dough in your pockets! Check out some of the ways I’ve earned a bit of extra, and how you can too.
As always, this post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click through and decide to purchase, I will receive a commission. This is at no additional cost to you. I appreciate the support and you can read my disclosure statement right here.
- Start a blog – There are many ways you can make a little extra money with blogging. It’s also a great way to meet some new friends, and express yourself. It’s not that hard to set up, and watch it grow! There are so many valuable ways you can monetize, and make great connections at the same time. Check out Bluehost for your hosting and get a great yearly rate!
- Create an online course – Do you have some great skills or knowledge that you’d love to share with others? There are so many platforms out there offering ways to sell your online courses to the masses. Check out Teachable,Udemy, SkillShare and see some of the things out there. If you have something you know people are always asking about, why not teach them? Online?
- Become a Virtual Assistant – Do you have great web building skills? How about social media savvy? Heck, how about general admin skills? Did you know there are plenty of bloggers and other companies out there looking for people to help do those things? And you can do it from home! While you may not know everything there is out there, you probably possess some skills that are pretty valuable in the online world. Check out this great book by Lisa Morosky for some fantastic information too!
- Drop Ship – This is relatively new to me, but I totally understand how it might be a great money maker once you get your ducks all in a row. Basically, you open a storefront, then take the orders. Then they will be fulfilled all while you never touch the product. Check out this great post from Drink Coffee and Prosper and find the details and more.
- Sell your Skills – Do web design or logo design? Check out Fiverr where you can sell your services and make some extra money. You can set different price points for different levels of work, and voila! It’s great if you want to do multiple small jobs, in my opinion. Keep in mind, though, it’s pretty competitive, so you may not start seeing results for a while.
- Sell on Etsy – Are you crafty? Or maybe you are a collector of unique vintage things? Did you know you can sell those things on Etsy? Maybe you crochet hats or scarves. Whatever it is, you’d be surprised at the things you can sell on there. Check it out for yourself and see! I have bought anything from printables to clothing. I love Etsy!
- Get rid of your “junk” – eBay has been around for a long time of course, but there are other ways to unload things you don’t want or need anymore. You can sell on Facebook yard sales, Craig’s List, etc. I just recently found out about this app DeCluttr, and it’s handy for simply scanning barcodes. Do you have stuff lying around you don’t want or need anymore? Why not turn that stuff into extra money?!
- Have an actual yard sale – People actually do still go to yard sales. And, if you live in a subdivision, or something similar, maybe you can get in on a multi-home sale. Those will likely draw even more traffic. Get together with your neighbors and plan it out. If you all chip in, it really won’t even cost much to advertise.
- Take surveys online – Of course, there are a ton of sites that offer this. And yes, there are quite a few that are wastes of time. However, there are some legitimate sites that I’ve actually used that do pay out. Now you aren’t going to get rich doing this, keep that in mind. But you can definitely get some side money, and you’re already online, right? My first and foremost go-to is Swagbucks. Not only can you take surveys, you earn “bucks” for all kinds of online activities. They even have apps for your phone. Between videos, coupons, shopping, discovering new things, etc, I’ve personally earned over $500.00 not even trying very hard. I actually used my Swagbucks to pay for Christmas last year. You can read that post here.
- House/Pet sit – I know, as a dog owner, I’d much rather have a person watch my pups or home when I’m gone over boarding them up. Especially now that they are a bit older. I also know many people who advertise for such things on Facebook, or in the local newspapers. If you are a pet lover, this can be a great way to earn some extra money on the side.
- Walk dogs – Heck, if you’re going to sit for them, why not become a dog walker? There are plenty of breeds out there needing a lot more activity than they sometimes get. Why not help out the owners and the pets who need it by starting a part time dog walking service? Of course, be prepared to carry around potty bags for clean up, and have a genuine love for dogs. They can be a big more than you bargain for if you aren’t a true dog lover!
- Clip Coupons – This can actually be a money maker for you in more ways than one. Of course, you can save money on your own items. That puts extra dough in your pocket, but did you know hardcore couponers actually search out and will pay for them? Obviously not a mint of money or anything, but hey? If you are already getting those packets of coupons in your mailbox, why not clip away and see what you can make?
- Lose Weight/Get Healthy – Achievemint and HealthyWage are 2 different apps that pay you for getting healthy! Who doesn’t want to be a little healthier? They are both a bit different, where Achievemint pays you in points per activity. With HealthyWage you actually set you goal and make a wager against yourself. Talk about motivation! I’m a big competitive, so I’m pretty excited about HealthyWage for sure!
- Direct Sales – Network Marketing is pretty huge right now. There are SO many different companies around, and you can see it all over your social media. What people don’t understand is that they aren’t really “pyramid schemes”! They are different than working a regular job, answering to a boss you’ll never see or be, in the way of setting your own time and working at your own pace. I am personally enrolled in a few, some just for the discount on products I love, and other to share the love with others. If you already use some of those great things, why not share your passion and make some extra cash?
- Garden – If you live in an area with great soil and awesome gardening, why not use that to your advantage? Search for local farmer’s markets where you can set up and sell that overabundance of veggies! I love our local farmer’s market, and I certainly enjoy giving my money to them over a large grocery chain. It supplements what I don’t get from my small garden very well. Bonus cash if you’re a bee-keeper who makes great honey! Those stand are always the most crowded when I’m there.
There are so many ways to bring extra cash to your pockets anymore, don’t you agree?? What other ways do you love for making extra money?