It’s here, right around the corner, Christmas once again! Every year we scramble to find the perfect gift for our family, friends, co-workers, etc. How many of us think about our little 4-legged children though? As someone who chose not to have kids, I like to spoil my pups as much as I can. Of course, they aren’t asking for toys, etc., but I still like to give them some goodies, like homemade treats or what not. Honestly, if I ever won the lottery I’d open a little dog boutique, and just make treats all day for them! Ok, Ok… getting off track there. Here are a few things your pup might enjoy for their Christmas holiday!
This post might contain affiliate links. I do not promote anything I don’t stand behind 100%. If you click through and purchase I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
- Penzey’s is one of my favorite spice stores. I love their spices. When I moved to Georgia I was so excited to find that they had a store opening less than 30 minutes from me! I had always ordered from their catalogs. The first time I got to go into one of the stores I was hooked. In the catalogs, they do always put some great recipes. The one for the Puppy Pumpkin Pie Treats caught my attention right away. I never got around to making them, however, mom did and my pups loved them! I know they’ll be excited again this year when she sends them their Christmas package.
- Chrissi over at First Home Love Life has a great blog with all kinds of goodies. I stumbled on a pin from her site a while back and had to try the Homemade Apple Chip Dog Treats. These are super duper simple, and last a couple weeks in an airtight container, (IF your little buds don’t eat them all first!) Every year around my birthday we make the trip to the local apple farms. These are great ways to use some of those fresh apples.
- Ashley over at Frugal Coupon Living has another great blog full of goodies. I came across a pin from her site one day on Pinterest and once again knew I had to make these. Apple & Chicken Pup Pops are another super simple treat that our pups love! With apples and chicken broth, what else would they even want? I like to keep some of these on hand a lot. They are perfect for hot summers in addition to a lovely little Christmas treat.
- Another great Pinterest find was Felissa at Two Little Cavaliers . Her pin of these Apple Cinnamon Dog Treats looked fantastic. Again, nothing super fancy, just simple ingredients that aren’t harmful to the little four legged kids. Baxter (my Pomeranian) and Maisey (our beagle) both love them! Poor Baxter has a sensitive digestive system, so I have to be quite careful on what he gets to eat, but these little quick bites didn’t bother him one bit!
- I found their perfect “splurge” treat, if you can even call it that. Georgia at The Comfort of Cooking has some amazing recipes posted. Recipes for the humans out there that is. She also has this killer Homemade Peanut Butter-Bacon Dog Treats recipe I found. You’ll never guess where… Ok you got me, Pinterest! (Do you think I’ve spent enough time there?) But seriously, peanut butter, AND bacon?? Talk about dogs gone wild! They love these things!! Even though I called them “splurges”, they really do have so many healthy things. Your 4-legged buds will love you for this. (As if they don’t already…
Would you look at these 2?? Snoozing away… in MY BED!
Non Edible goodies:
- Etsy is amazing! I have found so many wonderful things there, and I absolutely LOVE this one. I think it’ll be in Baxter’s stocking this year. He seems to have fun finding his way out of the fenced in yard lately. This adorable personalized dog tag is so adorable. Also, it makes me chuckle. I think it would put a smile on the neighbor’s faces when he shows up with this one.
- Both of my little dudes are getting up there in age, so a good comfortable bed is a must. This awesome Deluxe Orthopedic Mattress Pet Bed is fantastic. They love to be comfortable, and this bed certainly helps with that!
- If you do any long road trips with your pups, make sure to keep them safe! Baxter spent a lot of time in his Pet Booster Seat before I moved to Georgia. Since we drove down for the move it also worked out very well. Since we generally travel with both of them now, we have little tethers like the ones here that just clip from their harness to the buckled seat-belt.
Isn’t he the cutest thing in his little Booster Seat??
What other ideas do you have for your dogs for Christmas? How about your dog loving friends? These things would be great for all of them, and I’m sure the pooches would be super happy! I’d love to see your little guys and gals in the comments!!