Date nights are fun, right? With all the working, cooking, housekeeping, and fixing things, it’s nice to just let it all go for a night. However, as we all know, it can get expensive. Even those of us without children have our expenses too. From car payments to utility bills and mortgages, we all have things we pay for. Why not still enjoy date night, but on a budget, or even better, FREE! There are lots of things you can do around town, or even in your own home that still count. I’m going to share some ideas for some low cost, even free things that will still feel like a nice night with your loved one.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
FREE Date Ideas:
- Make a nice dinner… TOGETHER. Get both of you involved in preparing some delicious meal together, and you will be amazed at how it brings you together. Then sit by a nice candle lit table and enjoy with a glass of wine.
- Go for a walk. Getting outside together and enjoying the sun or breeze is a great way to enjoy each other. And it’s free! Even watching the stars together can be a wonderful way to spend an evening.
- Clear off that DVR! How many things are recorded on there that you just haven’t seemed to watch yet? Catch up on all your recordings, while snuggled up in your PJs. It’s like a Netflix marathon, minus the Netflix!
- Give each other a massage. Hey, you don’t have to be a licensed masseuse to do so, just do what you’re good at. Maybe it’s a foot rub, a back rub, etc. It’ll be a nice way to help each other unwind and relax.
- Soak in a hot bath together. Not all of us are fortunate to have a hot tub at home, (although it is on our list to upgrade in the near future). Break out that wine again, draw a hot bath, add some bubbles to it, and relax.
Inexpensive Date Night Ideas:
- Rent a movie and lay out a blanket on the floor. Red Box is always a cheap option, or maybe you pay for premium cable. (We do not, we semi cut the cord, and are working on going all the way with it) Have a little movie night indoor picnic.
- Go out for ice cream. Save on dinner by cooking at home, then splurge a little on dessert. If you’re lucky, there’s a nice little local place around, or you can even hit up a Dairy Queen if that’s all you have around. Get a small cone, and you won’t spend too much!
- Hit up your local farmer’s market. It’ll be nice to have local fresh ingredients when you go to do the at home cooking date!
- Head to the local thrift store. You never know what kinds of goodies you can find there! Maybe something you’ve been wanting to add to the home decor. Maybe you will find a fantastic new outfit to wear next time you splurge on date night!
- Go out to support your local high school. Check out a football game, choir concert, band concert, or even play. Some of those are free I’m sure, but even if there is a charge, it’ll be a small one, plus you’ll be supporting your local community.
There are so many things you can do for free or not a lot of cash and still enjoy quality time with your significant other. It doesn’t always have to be expensive dinners and fancy things. It’s about being together and having quality time, right? What are some of your other date night ideas on the cheap? I’d love to hear some!